Remarkable Things to See in Kauai:
Let's start with Kauai's outdoor sights. As you may know, our Garden Island is famous for its huge waterfalls. Two dramatic falls, Opaekaa Falls and Wailua Falls, are close to Hilton Garden Inn and easily accessible for tourists. Another natural wonder is Waimea Canyon. Nicknamed "The Grand Canyon of the Pacific", this geological marvel spans 14 miles and reaches 3,600 feet deep, and its lookout point showcases a full panoramic view of the canyon's rugged majesty.
For history buffs, you'll enjoy visiting Kauai's museums and important cultural sites. Kauai Museum and Waioli Mission House Museum both offer intimate looks into Hawaii's history, while Kamokila Hawaiian Village and Kilohana Plantation Estate reenact how Native Hawaiians and the first settlers once lived. There's also the beautiful Kaulu Paoa Heiau, a sacred site where ancient hula dancers refined their skills.
- Opaekaa Falls (2.3 miles)
- Kamokila Hawaiian Village (2.5 miles)
- Kauai Museum (6 miles)
- Kilohana Plantation Estate (7.5 miles)
- Wailua Falls (8.6 miles)
- Kilauea Point Lighthouse (19.7 miles)
- Waioli Mission House Museum (25.6 miles)
- Kaulu Paoa Heiau (32.5 miles)
- Waimea Canyon (35.7 miles)